Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Summer Vacations

In the last month, Greg & I have had the opportunity to travel to two of our favorite places: Jamaica and Colorado! Score!

Our week-long trip to Jamaica was kid-free (which was fun, yet weird!). We stayed at an all-inclusive resort in Negril and loved every minute of our time there. The beach was beautiful, the food was delish and there was never a shortage of things to do around the resort. We spent lots of time on the beach, at the swim up bar in the pool and having family volleyball tournaments. My dad and brother were able to check one of the bucket list when they went deep sea fishing and caught a barracuda! We took an evening catamaran, which gave the family an opportunity to jump off the cliffs at Rick's Cafe, watch dolphins swim through the ocean, snorkel and see a beautiful Jamaican sunset. The only hiccup to the trip was on day 1, the adaptor to my breast pump went out. Luckily for me I brought a battery pack as backup! That could've been an incredibly scary situation - and I was able to bring back the majority of what I pumped for Willa. Yay!

Jamaica was amazing once again. The best part of the trip was the company I shared it with. Love my family so much. So thankful we get along and have a good time doing everything or nothing at all.

A week after we came back from Jamaica we packed up the family and headed to Frisco, Colorado for our second annual Haus trip to Colorado. This time we went over 4th of July weekend. They had a great fireworks display that we were able to see from the home we stayed at. Our fun long weekend included: white water rafting, brunch at our favorite place on Main Street, hiking, feeding the chipmunks at Sapphire Point and exploring the town. We weren't able to canoe or ride bikes (just not enough time!) so Greg & I made a note to remember to do those thing next year. The girls did AMAZING hiking. Avery trekked the entire way up and down and Willa happily squealed the entire hike. The girlies were rock star travelers and made the long drive easier than expected. I am already missing that beautiful state as we came home to a heat index of 115 degrees...wowza.

Guess who participated in the 'Wednesday night' entertainment show? ;)



Greg trying on my mom's mesh cover up...we get weird sometimes...










Kristin and I jumped off the smaller cliff! I was pretty proud of myself!





Yoga on the beach!


When you've had waaaay too much sun...


Because matching with your sister never goes out of style.



The girlies getting pumped for their vacation! Wore their CO shirts to daycare.

(Willa's face in the mirror :))




Papa bought Avery this mermaid doll that came everywhere on the trip. Avery wanted 'Sea Sparkle' to get in the photo so you can spot her on the far right...






Bubba loving the swings!


Yoga on the rocks










No comments:

Post a Comment