Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Willa - 1 Month



**Sidenote - I wrote this at about 3AM on Willa's 1 Month 'Birthday', which was October 11th.

Happy One Month, Willa! My, have you changed in just the few short weeks you've been here! Your cheeks and chin have really filled out. We call you our 'chub chub' girl because you are by no means petite or delicate! Ha! And we love it! 

You welcomed your one month birthday by sleeping through the night. Even though mommy kept waking up to make sure you were okay, it was soooo nice to get that sleep. We discovered you love a swaddle sleep sack and that's been the trick to get you to sleep for longer periods of time. That and the extra long nursing sesh you and I have right before your 10:30-11:00 bedtime. Daddy and I usually watch a show while you eat til your hearts content and pass out. So far you haven't really loved the paci, but you will take it on occasion.

At about 3 weeks we noticed a lot of green mucusy stools, fussy and extra gassy, irritable when awake and a lot of grunting/moaning. So mommy has been cutting out anything with cows milk in it. Right now, it's too early to tell if that is the culprit but you sure have been a different baby with the help of no dairy and the occasional gas drops.

Avery says your favorite thing to do is drink milk and I think we all agree. You also love to walk around in the baby wrap, play patty cake, look at fans, have a clean diaper and listen to big sis talk to you. Avery is so proud of you, gives you lots of kisses and attention and loves to be right there in the action. 

I think we are starting to finally get this 'parenting with 2' thing down. Sometimes it's tough balancing the needs of a newborn and 3 year old so thank goodness for a helpful husband and helpful family. Last night I wanted to get out of the house so we took our crew to check out Home Depot and World Market. I only have 2 more full time weeks at home (then 2 part time weeks) and it's really making me sad. So the goal is to savor every moment I can while I'm home with my sweet Willa during the day.



First bottle at 1 week old!


First walk around Chalco!


Can you tell this is a family favorite spot in our house?







Contrary to that face, she loves her swaddle ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment