Monday, May 19, 2014

more haus updates {pic overload!}

  • Easter was spent in Lincoln with my family. Aves loved the Easter egg hunt in my parents front yard. After she picked up as many eggs as she could, she threw her fist in the air and exclaimed "I DID IT!"
  • Nanna, Avery's daycare lady, was sick for an entire week and a half with pneumonia. We were not only worried about her but worried about who was going to watch Avery! Luckily my sister helped out a lot. Aves made a few appearances to my office, too. It was fun the first time but the second time Avery kept telling me she wanted to go home...
  • Greg & I participated in the Omaha Crawl for Cancer with our dinner club. Our team was in honor of Kyle Longnecker's step-mom who recently passed away from cancer. Our team name was the Hippy Dippies and we rocked the hippie style well.
  • We have been working on our yard A LOT. Weekends and weeknights have been dedicated to getting our frumpy yard back in shape. I have to give the majority of the credit to Greg but Aves and I have been helping with what we can. We've been out there so much we even bought Avery her own pair of hot pink work gloves. HA! Our next project is re-staining the deck...
  • We are trying out Century Link! Haha! What an update, right? But for the price we could get so much more. I now get to watch my DVR'd shows in bed which feels like heaven on earth. 
  • We went on our first Thursday Taco Ride of the year!...and it was 50 degrees. A little chilly but made for a pretty open trail and open seating in Mineola. Kristin and Allie, her roommate, came for the first time and had a blast. Greg, Sara & Chop also joined. Greg wiped out and we tried rum-infused gummie bears, which were amazing!
  • My Mother's Day weekend was super busy and didn't quite end the way I wanted it - with Greg getting a bad migraine and me getting stuck in the HyVee grocery cooler {due to a tornado warning}. But hey, it could've been worse I guess!
  • My brother, Jon, graduated with her Master's in Engineering. I am beyond proud of him. He starts his job with Kiewit in Omaha at the end of June. Currently, he's exploring Thailand, Cambodia and a few islands with his girlfriend. 
  • Our Mother's Day gift to my mom and Grandma {and myself} was going to Wicked on Broadway. We made a fun night of it - dining at Plank and seeing the show. I loved it. 
  • And last but never least, we have been busy, busy, busy with our Avery. We've been exploring nearby trails, on bike rides and running around the yard. We went on our first trip of the year to the Lincoln Zoo and also want to Barnes and Noble to pick out books. We love doing new things, being active and making memories!
---

Celebrating Easter in Lincoln!



The 'I DID IT!' fist.



---


When work got a little boring, we decided to go home and do some bubbles instead...

Notice all the papers under my desk? Thanks Aves...


---





---
Greg took Avery to a children's workshop at Home Depot while I was at my hair appointment - she had so much fun making a wooden flower pot.








---


Love these ladies!




---
My Mother's Day wouldn't be complete without a check-up from Dr. Haus!

Brrrr! Standing in the HyVee cooler for 20 minutes...

----





---






---
Our ballerina, Thomas the Train-finatic that loves dinosaurs...that's our Avery! Very original.







---
New favorite book!

New favorite friends...mannequins! ;/

And our new favorite place to play - Chalco! Loved the nature playground and the trails. Avery wanted to look for reindeer and tree roots on our 'hike'.

Most beautiful baby doll ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment