Thursday, April 3, 2014

the working out debacle

I have to write this post because my work ladies and I were just having a pow-wow over exercising. And it's completely timely because exercising has been seriously on my mind now for the last month. Some of us are new moms, others are planning a wedding...and all of us are feeling FAT. BLAH!

For those moms that read this blog - how the heck do you find time to work out??? Do you do it early in the morning? That would be okay as long as your baby isn't up all night! That would also mean going to bed earlier than normal; which would mean less cleaning of the house, spending alone time with the hubby AND not watching as many DVD-ed shows {gasp! god forbid!}.

Or do you work out after work and take turns with your hubby? For instance, Monday night you go to the gym and then Tuesday night your husband goes. But then when do you get quality family time? How do you eat dinner together? And what if one of you has to work late?

Maybe you work out after your kids are in bed? If you do - where the hell does your energy come from? By 9:00 at night, this girl wants nothing but a long shower and a comfy bed.

I get it. People figure it out. I guess I just haven't yet. I have always been someone who has liked my sleep, loved my food and enjoyed my relaxation & 'me' time. And unfortunately those things aren't helping me with my weight. After I had Avery I was feeling so good about myself. I was breastfeeding and the baby weight was coming off more and more. My co-worker always joked with me and said "The last 5 pounds never leave!". I thought, ya right I'm the exception. I was wrong.

As a matter of fact, when I went in for my yearly appointment yesterday, I weighed 5 pounds MORE than I did when I was 9 weeks pregnant. I know as we get older our metabolism changes as well. But I think Greg and I eat pretty darn good and healthy for the most part. After we saw photos from our trip to Colorado, we looked at each other and said 'it's time to make some changes'. Greg has since joined a soccer league with some old buddies. They play once a week and Greg is thrilled. I still do my yoga every Wednesday. However, both of us agree that that's not enough.

So enough of my ranting. Just thought I'd vent and share my thoughts and frustrations. I know it will never get easier and there will never be more time in the day, just wondering how to balance it all out!



No comments:

Post a Comment