Tuesday, April 8, 2014

home depot & columbus

We had an awesome weekend. Had the best of all worlds: time with friends, time with family and time with extended family.

On Friday evening, our monthly Dinner Club started back up. It will probably be one of the lasts until late summer/early fall. Once the spring and summer season rolls around, everyone seems to get so busy and it's hard to coordinate 6 couples' schedules. We always look forward to these nights.

Our Saturday was spent together - just the three of us! We had a nice breakfast at Summer Kitchen. Avery wanted to try a new concoction of strawberry jelly on her pancakes, which was a hit. Then we ran over to Home Depot to get supplies for Greg's rain collection barrel and mulch. We also took a look at trees, bushes and patio furniture. I want a new patio table and chairs so bad. Apparently Home Depot was the place to be this weekend because it was swamped! We {or I should say Greg} began power washing our deck while Avery and I racked leaves and picked up branches and sticks around the yard. I had no idea that yard work took so much time AND energy. Greg & I were so exhausted on Saturday that we crashed early! Our bodies were beat.

Avery and I made a trip to Columbus, NE to visit my grandparents and see my parents who were needing their Avery-fix. Greg stayed back to watch a soccer game and finish some stuff up at this office. We had such a fun day seeing everybody. We ended the evening going to Greg's soccer game and cheering him on. Well, kind of. Avery had more fun running back and forth and yelling 'Go team, dad!' and 'Dad! Get your ball!'.

A weekend well spent, if you ask me.













No comments:

Post a Comment