Wednesday, April 2, 2014

haus updates

Okay, it's april??? Where is the time going??? I had 3 posts that I was in the process of completing in March and never got around the finishing. So I suppose I will start with some updates with the Haus Family.

First and foremost, we celebrated Avery's 2nd birthday in March. So hard to believe. Greg & I both agree that this is the most fun age EVER! We are enjoying every single moment with our little girl. Avery had a fiesta-themed birthday party {I will post more on that later} with friends and family at Roja Mexican Grill complete with a nacho bar, Elmo cookie cake and lots of fun new toys. Unfortunately her second birthday was spent at home with a double ear infection and high fever. We didn't even get around to making a homemade chocolate cake together like I had planned. :(



Along with her double ear infection, her tube came out of her left ear. For now she is on a preventative antibiotic to see if the fluid goes away. If not, she may need another tube in... This has also been a month a sickness for mama! I usually get a sinus infection twice a year but this month I had a upper respiratory infection twice. VERY strange for me...in addition, allergies are already in full gear. Luckily, I am on the mend.

Greg and I took a 'spring break' vacation with the Wagner's for a long weekend. We had lots of fun staying off of Main Street in Breckenridge. We snowmobiled, {which was amazing} tubed, shopped, ate at fun restaurants and most importantly enjoyed some relaxation & adult time. Everytime we leave Colorado we ask ourselves why we don't live there. Such a beautiful state with so much to see and do.

We told each other next time we are bringing the kiddos! Whether it's summer hiking or learning to ski we want them to grow up experiencing Colorado, too.







The St. Patty's Day parade is an Omaha tradition for us. We have gone every year except for 2012 when my due date fell on parade day. I was so upset I didn't have a baby to bring with and a drink in hand that I decided to throw a pity party and shop instead. SO! This year we were excited to takes Aves because she was the perfect age to watch the parade and catch the candy thrown. The St. Patty's Day parade always takes place on the Saturday before the holiday in the Old Market. It became a tradition about 5 years ago with my good friend, Sarah, invited us to go down with her boyfriend's family {who are St. Patty's fanatics}. At one point in time, it was a great way to spend the day drinking with friends. Times have changed a little since now that we have families :)





This past month we've also enjoyed some beautiful, spring weather! We are so ready for nightly walks, BBQing for dinner and wearing sandals!




We also attended our first Creighton baseball game of the season {my company has a skybox at TD Ameritrade} and dealt with our first case of pinkeye...yuck!





A few other things to note from this past month: my dad tore his ACL while skiing with my brother. He had his surgery and is doing good. Therapy for the next 16 weeks...boo. My mother-in-law celebrated her birthday the day before Avery. MiMi and PaPa then got to spend a long with weekend with Avery while we were in Colorado.  Jeff & Megan Haus found out they are having a BOY! Yay! And last but not least, March 31st marked four years since Greg proposed to me. And I can remember it like it was yesterday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment