Thursday, November 21, 2013

it's been awhile..

I'll admit, I haven't been the best blogger these past couple of months. I've had feelings of 'is my life really worth documenting? it seems so mundane and who wants to read about it...' lately. But I need remind myself that I'm not necessary writing for the readers {sorry!} but more for me, Greg and Avery. So we can look back in months, years and see what we were doing on a boring Thursday in November.

In a recent convo with Nanna, she told me one of her biggest regrets over the years was not documenting life. After awhile, pictures and memories all blend together and it's hard to know what happened and when. So! That makes me realize just how important it is to keep up with this blog. There may be times when I can't get to the blog for a week or two and that's okay as long as I pick up where I left off - or at least try to.

HERE WE GO!

I left off with an important moment in November - Greg's 27th Birthday! Most men don't think too much about their birthdays but my husband sure likes to remind everyone when his is around the corner! This year Greg even ordered his large gift himself - a golf club that he had his eye on for months.  He can't wait to use that baby this spring. 

With this birthday on a Friday, we chose to go out and celebrate with a small group of friends in Benson. We were all excited until my mom called to say she was under the weather and unable to watch Avery! I was stressed, I made calls and texts all afternoon looking for a last minute sitter. As luck would have it, one of Kristin's friends was available. Thank goodness, the show could carry on! And a show it was... Greg drank way too much, fell asleep on our bathroom floor and didn't get out of bed until 11AM the next day. Clearly, the 27-year old can't drink like the 17-year old he once was. And that is probably a good thing. 

Thanks to everyone that came up to celebrate. Even though he can be a lush, he is still a pretty darn good guy that loves his family and friends to the moon and back. I love you, Greg!

Oh, and a special thank you to Madi, our last minute babysitter who graciously stayed late so we could enjoy a night out!















--
This time of year is also when we 'winterize' the house. A.K.A - Greg is outside raking leaves, caulking our siding, storing patio furniture, cleaning out the garage {so we can both fit our cars!}, unpotting flowers and did I mention racking leaves? We have a huge tree in our front yard that sheds like crazy.

While Daddy is out working like crazy to make our house look good, this is what we do:

We chaperon and make sure Daddy is getting everything done...


We clean out the fridge and question why Daddy gets a full shelf for his beer...




We make yummy food to munch on...




We come out and play in the leaves that Daddy is raking up. It's so fun!



We also occasionally help Daddy when the weather isn't too cold out, too.



---
This past Monday I had the pleasure of meeting one of my inspirations - Ree Drummond, the Pioneer Woman. She had a book signing that I wasn't missing for the world. My sister came after I convinced that we'd only be there for an hour tops since she had to work the night shift at the hospital. I left work an hour early and as we pulled up the the store, the line was nuts! We knew it was long but after waiting 6 hours outside in a light jacket in heels while carrying 4 hard-cover books...I questioned whether or not I was going crazy for waiting this long. Me and 4,000 other fans waited to meet this woman. I have to say she was even more beautiful in person. I have never wanted red hair until I saw hers...gorgeous. She was so sincere, too. I got to my car at 11:00 with 4 autographed books. I was a happy lady. Until the next day when I was seriously dragging at work!



Thanks for my slight obsession with this woman, I have no begun to read her book about her and Marlboro Man's romance. Greg thinks I'm crazy.

---
Last but never least, here are a few things Avery has been up to. She is talking in sentences like crazy. This morning she was telling my about eating broccoli! 


Something about this Burger King crown...she will wear it for long periods of time. Truly a princess!



Playing hide-and-seek in the curtains always make us laugh. We will hear her say 'A-we, are youuuu?'



We 'cheers' all of our drinks. Avery loves this.




Art by Avery. Playdough, paint, color, crayons...she LOVES it all.



We love makeup, too. She usually sits on my lap in the morning and we do makeup together. That doesn't make me late to work at all... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment