Tuesday, September 10, 2013

luau style

Dinner club is officially back! Greg and I hosted the first dinner for the season - a luau! I'm glad we chose the theme we did; it felt like a luau with the heat we've been having {ps - damn this weather...where's fall?}. So Friday afternoon, Greg packed Avery up to spend the night in Lincoln while we enjoyed the company of some of our favorite friends. We sipped on sangria and dined on Hawaiian grilled chicken, pineapple ham and other yummy dishes. Our company stayed until 2AM! So much fun! Except all of us girls were feeling the effects of the sangria the next day! HA.

Saturday was another busy day. Greg had to work a party at the zoo, so I headed down to Lincoln to spend the day with my siblings tailgating for the Husker game. My brother, Jon, and I went to the game and were fortunate enough to sit in my company's skybox. Nothing like air conditioning and a buffet to make the game 10x better. 

Then on Sunday I celebrated Grandparents Day with my parents. Church, brunch and lounging was how we spent the day. I'd like to give a shout-out to all four of Avery's grandparents. You are the best! Even though I don't think any of you were expecting to be a grandparent so early, you do your job and you do it well. We love you! And of course Greg and I wouldn't be who and where we are today if it wasn't for our own grandparents. Thank you for being you!

















No comments:

Post a Comment