Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Avery - 18 Months





Dear Avery,

Baby girl! You are 18 months old. Writing that is just plain weird! Your mama hasn't blogged about your age in awhile! Apparently the older you get, the months all seem to blend together! I blame most of that on the chaos of life these days. 

You are really becoming her own little person, which is so crazy to see. I see so many characteristics of Daddy and me in you and some completely unique. We always laugh at your silly personality and if you are gone from Nanna's, she says her day is just not the same. You add so much spunk to so many lives. 


You love to learn, you love to learn how things work. Your little brain is always ticking and you go from one toy to the next to the next. You LOVE to play with babies. You feed you baby dolls their 'ba-ba's', you rock the babies and lay them in their crib and cover them with a blanket; you even burp your babies and rub their backs. You don't pay much attention to TV, which is a good thing. 


On Friday, the doctor said: you have a very large vocabulary for your age. And I couldn't agree more.  Now that I think about it, you pretty much repeat everything we say or at least try to! Greg and I are the decoders for people that can't understand her language :) You sing 'twinkle, twinkle little star, ABC's and help count to 10! You can carry on a long conversation. For instance, yesterday your paci fell underneath your crib. You came to tell me 'paci crib' and took my hand to show me where the paci was and that you couldn't reach it. You pointed and said 'down' {meaning her paci fell down}. So I was able to help you. You are incredibly vocal when you are happy, mad, determined or sad. It is a blessing but we are also learning what a quiet voice is. 


I about flipped when I walked through Von Maur this week and had to look in the 2T section. However, you are only 23 pounds! 30th percentile for weight and 70th for height. Still long and skinny. Your teeth have sure been coming in left and right! You wear your amber teething necklace pretty consistently and actually ask to wear sometimes. After we put it on you make sure to tell me it's 'pretty'! You now have 11 teeth. You are still wearing size 4 diapers.


Your sleeping pattern has been hit & miss these last few months. You always go to bed at the same time (8:30-9). During the week you are up around 7:30 and on the weekends we all sleep in! Once you wake up we bring you into Daddy and Mommy's bed so we can cuddle and make a fort under the covers. We have learned that when you get into a bad habit of waking up at night for no good reason, crying it out is the best. Some parent's probably don't agree but it's what works for us. You now take one nap around 12:30 and sleep for 2 hours or so. Mommy and Nanna still give you a bottle before you go to sleep. We have finally weaned you off of formula, now it's time to say bye to the bottle. I won't miss cleaning those things but I will miss that cuddle time before bed. You love your paci so much. You can it a 'pati'. You have also been carrying around 2 little blankets 'banky' right after you wake up from nap time or in the morning. 


Despite all my efforts to make you healthy food as a baby, you're just not that into it anymore! You jump up and down for PIZZA! and love your mac n cheese. Oh and you love popsicles which you call 'a pickle'. If we open the freezer, you automatically think you are getting a popsicle. You request 'apple jew'/apple juice. We are working on your manners and not throwing your food off the ground when you are done eating! You do not like to get messy when it comes to eating. You will hold out your hands and cry until someone cleans them off. 


You are a compassionate little thing. If you hit or hurt someone and they say ouchie, you will immediately go up and pat their back and say 'hi' to make sure they know you are there. Recently, you have been good at saying 'sowwie'/sorry. You are also getting good at saying 'love you!'. It melts my heart.


Life is never slow with you that is for sure. I thought I was busy when you were a newborn. I didn't see this coming! But it is so rewarding and I wouldn't change a thing. I savor the moments as best as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment