Wednesday, August 7, 2013

mommy tip #1

I am by no means an expert on mommy stuff {heck, I've only had one kid!}. BUT I thought it would be kind of fun to share advice that I have learned along the way. So here's my first mommy tip:

The First Meet & Greet
It is so fun to visit a mommy in the hospital after she has had a baby. Whether it is her first or her fifth, it's always nice to bring a little gift for the first meet and greet.

For a very close friend, this is what I like to give:
Pottery Barn Kids, Nursery Critter Wrap Bathtowel - $29.50

I love these good-quality towels that can be used up until 2 years old. Many different animals and colors to choose from. This is one gift that you know will receive lots of use. Have I mentioned how well they wash up?

--
For everyone else {co-worker, acquaintance, etc} I like to give a book. Although not as personal, it's still thoughtful and will also get lots of use throughout the years.  Easy to grab in a hurry and affordable. If there are other siblings at the hospital, they can take turns reading to the babe.



No comments:

Post a Comment