Wednesday, May 1, 2013

zucchini + tomato saute

Last summer, Greg and I went on a date to Bonefish Grill to get our bang bang shrimp fix. We left the restaurant talking about a delicious seasonal side dish we had with our meal: a squash + tomato side. It was simple and light, yet flavorful. 

Fast forward to present day - I am still dreaming of this side dish. In an effort to try some new, healthier side dishes this spring, I decided to do some research and replicate it. Our family loved it! Avery even had her fair share!

I will definitely be making this again. It would pair well with some Italian dressing-marinated grilled chicken. {I made french dips last night to get rid of some hamburger buns!}. Make it for yourself and let me know what you think!

Zucchini + Squash + Tomato Saute
Serves 4

2 small zucchini, halved length wise,then sliced into half-moons 
2 medium tomatoes, large dice 

1 clove of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil 

1 tablespoon butter 
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated 

1 teapsoon basil, chiffonade
1/2 teaspoon pepper

1/2 teaspoon salt

In large skillet, saute zucchini, garlic and tomatoes in hot oil and butter for 5 minutes. Add parmesan, basil, salt and pepper. Stir to coat well. Serve hot.




What my kitchen looked like during dinner prep...LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment