Tuesday, April 30, 2013

sara's big day!

and by big day, I mean her bridal shower {not her wedding}! I had the pleasure of throwing my best friend's bridal shower {with the help of her other bridesmaids} this past Sunday. It is always so fun to shower the bride-to-be with gifts and it's really the only time it's completely acceptable to request expensive items with the expectation of receiving them! 

This shower was especially nice for Sara because she and Chop just purchased their first house! Lots of brand new items to put in her new place. I remember when Greg and I moved into our house and opened all of our brand new wedding gifts - was like Christmas, only better! We kept the majority of them in storage simply because of how small our apartment was. 

Sara's shower was held at St. Columbkille's reception hall in Papillion and we decorated with her wedding colors: lilac and mint. Beautiful! The food was yummy, she had a great turnout, everyone loved the games and the decorations were awesome. I know Sara had a great day and so did her guests. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law even made a special trip up from Oklahoma to attend the shower!

Thanks again to all who helped put the day on - it was one for the books! Unfortunately I was so busy the day-of that I forgot to snap photos....booo. So here is what I have:




No comments:

Post a Comment