Friday, March 1, 2013

miss independent

I have noticed over the last few weeks that Avery is becoming more and more independent through both her actions and words. For instance, a few nights ago she was walking as fast as her little legs could carry her to the bathroom. I knew what she was going for - the toilet lid.   So I quickly grabbed her hand to guide her away from the bathroom. She batted my hand away and with a serious frown on her face said, 'noh noh NOHHHH'! {which is code for 'no, no no'}. Alright sassy pants, I get the picture!

Avery also wants to feed herself, which results in a HUGE mess. She will get so frustrated when I feed her and will bat away the spoon until I give her it. Then she insists on putting the spoon in the food and 'eating'. Even though she isn't really getting anything on the spoon I guess it's a good thing that she has the motivation to do things on her own.

From eating, to playing, to brushing everyone's hair {hers, mine, and Lenny's} Miss Avery is now Miss Independent for sure!

Ok so this NEVER happens - Avery sitting on my lap watching TV. {Baby Mozart to be exact}. If you think I'm kidding you should come visit some night. This baby doesn't sit still!

Removing the tape from daddy's project.

Brushing Lenny's hair...

Watch me feed myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment