Sunday, March 24, 2013

1st birthday party


I thought as Avery finished up her nap it would be a good time to post photos from her birthday party last weekend {plus I am avoiding the heaping piles of laundry in the basement}. 


Greg and I threw a birthday party for Avery last Saturday. It was mostly family and we chose to invite just a few close friends. Less people = less stress on Mommy + less food to prepare + less of a chance for Avery being overwhelmed with too many faces. A few days before the party, I came down with a sinus infection and felt horrible. Perfect timing, right? So I was especially glad that we kept the number of guests down. My only regret was that we didn't do the taco bar we talked about. It would've made for less clean-up and prep work. Oh well!

We had a wonderful day. Avery enjoyed all of her new toys and especially loved the two boys that attended the party - Andrew and Ryker. It was so cute to watch Ryker and Avery play. We had a great group of people at the house. We are, as always, so thankful for the friends and family in our lives. However, I am unsure if we will be able to use our house as a birthday party venue next year - it was hard to hold everyone! Maybe we will hope for actual spring weather for the big 2! :)
















*photo credits to my father-in-law, Scott, who happily accepted my request to be the photographer for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment