Monday, January 28, 2013

Birthday Week/Weekend

We had a busy week/weekend. Mainly because I celebrated my 27th birthday! I feel like a had a 5-day long birthday festival. Dinners, pampering, parties....it was fun! But I am worn out today. I just can't hang like I used to.

Avery spent the weekend with my parents in Lincoln so it was just Greg and I. I have to admit, it felt strange. Although it was nice to get some cleaning done and not have to watch the clock, I missed her and her adorable smile with her 2 little teeth poking through. My parents brought her up on Sunday and I was literally pacing around the house not knowing what to do with myself. Thank you mom & dad for watching baby girl :)

Friday evening was my company Christmas party. We had tons of fun - catered food, bartender and a driver for the end of the evening (which we definitely took advantage of). I work for a small company so it's nice to have functions where you can mingle with all of your co-workers. Greg and I ended up staying until about 2AM! WTF?! I haven't stayed out that late in over a year. The night is a little bit of a blur BUT we had lots of laughs :)

Saturday I made my way down to Lincoln for a hair appointment. In the evening a small group of friends met for dinner and a concert in honor of my birthday. Although we were beat from the night before, we had a blast. The music was amazing and again, it had been awhile since we had been to the Slowdown for concert. 

I am constantly reminded of how fortunate I am to have the people in my life that I do. I loved every minute of my birthday weekend but most of all those who I spent it with. So here we are, back to Monday. It's so gloomy here and I love it! Bring on the rainy, spring weather!


Typical night at our house. NEED to get some locks!

Watching The Bachelor, Greg even went to get us Culvers :)

Avery wearing her 12-18 month jammies!

Helping Kristin with her homework :)

Avery tried her first cheese quesadilla from Chipotle and ate the entire thing!

At the concert! Satchel Grande!


They seriously rocked! Had the whole audience dancing! Local band with excellent tunes.

With a some of the lovely ladies that joined me in celebrating! Not pictured but also present: Sarah, Erika, Crissa
Taking up to 6 steps now on her own!

No comments:

Post a Comment