Sunday, November 4, 2012

Dinner Club, Engagement & Time Change

Wowza! What a weekend we've had! Let's start at the beginning:

Friday: It was Greg and my turn to host dinner club. My mom and grandma came to get Avery so we'd have a chance to prepare for our guests. Our inner hosting kicked in and we were really impressed with how the evening went. Our theme: Oktoberfest. I made beer braised pork and homeade mac and cheese with a toppings bar (jalepenos, tomatoes, peppered bacon & gorgonzola). In addition to dinner, we did a beer tasting for Greg's birthday with 4 different kinds of Oktoberfest beer. We ended the night with a couple of board games. Our guests didn't leave until 2AM! That is record time for staying for Greg and me! Have I mentioned how I am loving this club? It's been a blast getting to know everyone better! Greg and I thought that in time it might be fun to invite some outside guests into the group just to meet everyone.

However, that was not the most exciting part of the evening: Sara and Chop announced that they were ENGAGED!!! Sara has been my best friend since the 3rd grade and practically my second sister. I am beyond excited for them and it made for a great evening with lots of cheer-sing and champagne!!

Sara if you are reading this: I love you so much and am so thrilled for you that you have found your soulmate. You both make a great team and we always have a blast together. You deserve all the happiness in the world and I'm so glad that you've found that. 

Saturday: Greg started working on a little project, that turned into a big project - replaced some insulation and wood on the fireplace. I cleaned up the house, spent time with Avery and tried out the new Chick-Fil-A restaurant that opened this past week. It was a mad house, I tell ya. I've never experienced such a frenzy at a fast food place. 

Sunday: I couldn't wait to sleep in an extra hour with the time change. Unfortunately no one gave Avery the memo so she was up and at 'em at 6:00AM. Sigh.....However, she is already in bed because she thinks it's 9:00 so that's a plus!

Tomorrow is Avery's first day of daycare. I am a little anxious and both Greg and I are dropping her off. Send some positive vibes our way that the day goes great for all of us :)


Spending time with Bobbi.

Blurry but a picture of our table. Greg worked really hard on making the centerpiece for the evening.

Cheers to the soon-to-be Elders!

Beer ballot.





Happy Birthday to Greg!


Add caption



Feeling so blessed to have the people in my life that I do - these pictures are proof of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment