Thursday, October 4, 2012

Heavy Heart

My mommy heart is a little heavy today....

Caitlin, our nanny for Avery and also my brother's girlfriend, told us that she has begun applying for jobs and was already called for an interview on Friday. We knew this day was coming, I just didn't think it would be come so fast - just like everything else in life! Caitlin graduated this past spring and will applying for medical school next fall so we can't blame her for wanting a job more related to the medical field. It will be good for her resume and to get more experience.

Unfortunately that means that we will be needing childcare for Miss Avery. I'm not sure why I am so distraught over this. I know that it will be a great way for her to interact with other children and, well, that's the only positive thing I can think of right now. We have been so fortunate to have someone we can trust watch our baby for the first half of her life. There is NOTHING more important than knowing that your child is safe and taken care of. 

I have been trying to get recommendations from others and have started calling a couple of places. So far I haven't had much luck though - every place I've called is full. There's the trust and comfort factor that also comes in to play. Even if we find a place that's open for infants, do I trust them? Will Avery sit in her wet diaper for hours? Will they rock her when she's sad or scared? Will they sing the ABC's to her and make her smile from ear to ear? I have such a pit in my stomach right now.

So say a little prayer for our family today that everything works out the way it should. Really wishing I could snap my fingers and we'd have a perfect childcare situation again but I know that isn't realistic. 

2 comments:

  1. We were there THREE TIMES last year so I SO know how you are feeling (and will keep my ears peeled for someone I would trust). Just keep praying and something will show up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim. It's not necessarily the idea of taking her to daycare as much as it is finding someone to entrust my child with. And I take so personally when places say that are full. Say a prayer for me!

    ReplyDelete