Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Pioneer Woman



Anybody else obsessed with Ree Drummond aka The Pioneer Woman?? I religiously watch her show on Food Network every Saturday morning. It's like my weekend dose of inspiration to cook.

Here are a few things I love about her:

1. She married a cowboy - but not just any cowboy - a cowboy who's family happens to own Drummond Ranch which a well known cattle ranch in Oklahoma (so you know she's got $$). Her husband is handsome, hard-working and always calls her 'honey'. I LOVE THAT!

2. She makes having 4 kids look easy. She has 2 girls and 2 boys which all seem to be be pretty close in age. They get along really well and always help with chores around the farm/house. Todd, the youngest boy, is too cute and has a strong personality. Ree also home schools the kids. This woman does it all!

3. Her home(s) is AMAZING. Yes, I said homes. The family has a standard home AND the lodge where most of the show takes place. The lodge is also on the farm and is huge. It accommodates for when they have guests. I'm not a country decorator but their home reminds me of something you'd see in Colorado, sort of modern rustic and it's gorgeous. I may or may not have spent a Saturday afternoon on her blog about the remodel of the lodge. 

4. Her style is unique. I love her flowy tops and effortlessly done hair. She just seems real. Not too done up. 

5. Oh ya, and her food is amazing, too! Recipes include lots of butter and heavy cream but who the heck cares! Each episode is based around events in their lives. Yesterday Ree's brother came to visit and she made his favorite meal. Lad, Ree's husband, had him help around the ranch. Her recipes are real and doable. Her cookbook is great and I really want her second one.

Dear Ree - you inspire me to cook fattening, delicious recipes for my husband and to be an easy going momma. Basically, you rock.

If you've never seen this show and like cooking - then tune in and share in my love affair with this woman. (In a non-creepy way!)

2 comments:

  1. Me, I'm obsessed! Happy there are other crazy PW lovers in the area. We served her Cowboy Calzones at Bodee's first bday party. I also love her chili and cinnamon rolls. Amongst others.

    Have you read the love story of her and Marlboro man? It's a good one.

    I use her free photoshop filters all the time. The Seventies one is my favorite.

    I haven't checked out her TV shows yet...but I guess I now have to.

    Sorry for the long comment! Haven't run into many Ree fans in Columbus! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I am so glad I'm not the only one - she is my fav! I'm going to have to check out those filters now. Next time we're together we are talking about 'Pioneer Woman'! LOL

      Delete