Thursday, June 28, 2012

Simplicity



My Avery. So happy. And so happy about the simplest things! (Most babies are!)


The other night we went for a walk. And every time I stopped to check on her she looked at me with the biggest smile on her face. She really loves the outdoors and I think the fresh air is good for her. But it really sparked a thought in my mind. 


Isn't it fascinating how babies are so happy with the simplest things? 


Seeing mom or dad walk through the door, playing a game, having a full tummy, waking up from a good night's sleep, taking a bath, going on a stroller ride, having a 'conversation' with someone. And then it sparked another thought in my mind.


I need to appreciate the simple things in my own life.


I understand that the thinking capabilities in a baby versus an adult are much different but it really made me realize that I often take for granted little things. I've made it a personal goal of mine to live in the moment and to appreciate some of the simpler things in life: seeing Greg walk through the door, appreciating that we live in a safe neighborhood where our family can take a walk, being grateful for a good night sleep even with a baby. The list could go on and one but you get my point. Oh the things you can learn from such a tiny creature. You start looking at life through a different lense.

2 comments:

  1. Aww I love this post! It truly is the simple things in life that matters!
    Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, got to appreciate what we have. We are all so lucky in our own ways..love you, too :)

    ReplyDelete