Thursday, June 28, 2012

CWS 2012

The sound of the crowd cheering. The smell of food vendors that line every corner. Watching people, young and old, anxiously holding their ticket; awaiting their seat. The die-hard tailgaters in the parking that have been coming for years. The beer tents packed full of people decked out in their college gear. And the summer sun bearing down day in and day out. Welcome to the College World Series. 


I've been sucked in to the hype, just as most people are. This is our third year going down there and I can honestly say that I look forward to it every summer. And every year it is HOT and MUGGY and there is a storm at some point during the two weeks this takes place in Omaha. I don't go down to watch the games, though. I go down to see the people, play bags in the parking lot with friends and to make memories. 


This past year was a little different now that we have Avery. It wasn't as easy to grab our cooler and drive down after work to tailgate - but that's okay. One evening we took Avery down with the Wagner's to go to a game. We ended up skipping the game and tailgating with Sara and Chop for a bit. Avery did great and enjoyed the people watching herself. The second time I went down there, I got to watch the game in my company's skybox seats. I brought Sara and we had a girls night. It was a blast!


We came, we saw, we conquered. And now it's over. But luckily, we have next year to look forward to. One of the many reasons I love to call Omaha 'home'.

No comments:

Post a Comment