Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Breastfeeding

Awkward topic but I gotta talk about it. Now that I am back to work full-time it's becoming more difficult to exclusively breastfeed Avery. I feel like the amount she consumes is increasing. However, when I'm at work, I'm constantly in and out of meetings and working toward deadlines to get things done and I very easily forget to pump for 5 hours...long story short this situation has led me to consider supplementing with a little formula during the day.


I am torn on what to do. Some days I want to stop in general and other days (like today) I keep telling myself to push through and continue. I know that everyone says it's a personal choice but it's hard to know what the right thing to do is. Then I read this article about breastfeeding and realized all of the great benefits Avery is getting. I kept reading each month and what an impact I am making on her overall well-being. No, I probably won't stop breastfeeding for awhile BUT a little formula may be in her near future.


http://www.thealphaparent.com/2011/12/timeline-of-breastfed-baby.html?spref=fb/

No comments:

Post a Comment