Monday, April 16, 2012

First Nap in Crib!


I am a proud momma today! Avery fell asleep in my arms as I was watching TV so I decided to quietly take her upstairs and place her in her crib for a nap. Sounds easy, right? Unfortunately it's not - Miss Avery never stays asleep in her crib for more than 5 minutes. I think it's a real combo of things - the glider she normally sleeps in puts her more upright then on her back, the glider is more snug fit versus her crib that is open AND the surroundings are much different. 


Just about every night Greg says 'let's have her try out the crib tonight'. For some reason, it makes me so anxious to have her in there all night out of our sight. I worry that I'd be checking on her about every hour (that is, of course, if she would even fall asleep!). I think we are both ready to have our room back to normal without diapers, Desitin and sleepers sprawled out everywhere! It'll happen eventually and I keep telling Greg that I will get her acquainted with the crib during naps before she stays an entire night in there....so I guess here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment